Sunday, August 2, 2009

First post

Hi to whoever has brace themselves to read my post.

I have been reading blogs recently and i find them quite..interesting. I won't say i read many blogs though. I think i can count the blogs I've been reading with my ten fingers., and i only read when i have nothing else to do. What i think is interesting from blogging is that it displays the unique difference between every human. It certainly is interesting to see what's going on in other people's head. How their lives differ from mine. How their ideals are alien to me. It's taking a look into a life i have never lived. Peeking to other people's head and wondered what's going on inside.


So i thought, maybe I should start my own to have my thoughts on a journal and see in the future how foolish or arrogant i sound in the past. Heh. What a reason to start blogging. Mainly I want to see inside my own head and see just how messy it is. I ever read my own math books and wondered how smart i was to be able to solve it, haha. Third-person perspective is always nice. It provides a new view.

Joan said I must be a "wall-of-text" kind of blogger. I will prove that i am not. But i think i will be anyway. Seeing as how i started my first post.

By now i realized i am typing this with an assumption that there will be people reading it. Why do i do that? is that something unconscious? I guess its habit. I always assume writing is like an essay, It is for people to read and understand. But not anymore for blogging. It's freestyle. If it's only me who understands what I am typing, then so be it. But for the sake of improving my writing, I shall try to make it understandable. If not, it will probably be useless for future reference. You'll be amazed at how fast i forget things. I probably won't even understand what i wrote in 1 year if i write it now without proper 'flow'.

Speaking of forgetting, I remember something I ever discussed with my good friends a good long time ago.

Sherlock Holmes once said humans mind is not infinitely expandable. So the choice of what you put in your brain will determine how fast your brain fills up. If you want to fill it up with useless information, it will probably get full in no time. How often you think about a certain memory also will bring about the order of memories in your brain. What you think the most will most probably be what you can summon effortlessly in mere seconds. What you just remember in passing will probably at the back row and will be eventually forgotten.

I know that he's fictional, but as always, he makes sense.

That's why humans are blessed with the ability to forget. Wonderful. But i think i have that ability a little bit too much. Added with my absent-mindedness, I can forget even the most important events. Most important stuffs.
In other words, since i forget so much, i probably has a lot of rooms in my brain for other knowledges to get in. Fast in, fast out.

My friend though. disagreed with the finite brain storage theory. She thinks it's infinite. Well. If the choice of which to pick, infinite or finite, i will definitely want an infinite storage.

But if the choice of which to trust though, I trust the finite brain storage. Mainly because trusting this has lesser disadvantages if it's proven to be wrong. And because i think it makes more sense than the other one.

Ok enough about brain. How do i even get started on this? -_- I always jump from idea to idea quickly. Maybe only me can understand why i switch topic so fast, haha.

I shall go to sleep. It's been a long day...and its a darn long post. Looks like Joan is right ~_~ Adieu.

2 comments: