Monday, August 3, 2009

Yet another un-arranged thoughts

Editing blogs can be interesting. I have been making the 'temporal vortex' images for the last hour. I love photoshop. It makes life so much easier.

If i can't secure a job in the animation industry, i wouldn't mind having a photoshop-related kind of job. They are definitely faster to execute than animating. Faster to master too compared to Autodesk Maya. I am generalizing here. Some people who has spent their lives using Photoshop might not agree with the statement. Well, what i mean by 'master' is being able to use it at ease. Not to the point where you know about every single button and their histories in Photoshop world ( This reminds me of my Photoshop teacher, he is very knowledgeable about this ) but just to be able to navigate and do your stuffs without any headache about technical difficulties.

Maya has a steeper learning curve. Even with my current knowledge i wouldn't say i can produce 'good' animation. Not until i try. And i have been learning it since 2 years ago.

Economy's been bad recently. I wonder whether it'll pick up when i graduate next year. This reminds me of Obama and how he is doing. When it was the presidential election in US, that was the first time i got interested in politics other than my country's. McCain and Obama. I supported Obama, naturally. Obama has a gift. He is able to speak with authority and charisma. He does not stutter and exudes confidence. I think that's the main reason why so many people like him. Whether he is competent or not, we'll see in a while. Looks like he is doing pretty fine in his administration.
And he stayed in Indonesia for a short while, i wonder whether he is able to speak the language. It would certainly be interesting if i have a chance someday to meet and converse with him in my mother tongue.

Recently i began to develop interests to various things. I want to learn drum. I wish i can learn violin. I want to know what blog is all about. I once read somewhere that human brain reaches its peak at the age of 20 and it is going to degrade ever since. I am not sure how accurate it is, but this explains why we need to learn as many things as possible in our youth before our brain fail us.
Stephen Tong once said to learn as many skills as you can. They will never go to waste. The knowledge will be stored in your brain somewhere and it will aid you in your future endeavor in one way or another. You also have more diverse job scopes to choose from. In short, the more you learn, the better it is.

I sometimes wonder whether this is actually what determines talent. For example people who are very attuned to playing music games ( me) and a person who never play music games, or rarely play. If one day we spot a new music game machine and start playing together, I will grasp the concept much faster and adapt easier. The other guy will then remark 'wow you are talented'.
But is it really talent? Isn't it due to the amount of exposure i have? When i think about it then suddenly the definition of 'talent' takes a whole new meaning. Does this apply to everything? If it is, then the more things you learn, the more knowledge you store in your brain and the faster you will learn new things and the cycle will keep on repeating. With drive and motivation, can human learn an amazing amount of skillsets? Leonardo Da Vinci is a genius who is a polymath, scientist, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, painter, sculptor, architect, botanist, musician and writer. His brain capabilities must be enormous and if my theory is correct, the easier it will be for him to learn new things if he wants to, given the amount of skills that he has already own.

I want to fully utilize my brain before its too late. Before i run out of time to learn new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment